What is CEREC?
- Computer Aided Design/Computer Aided Milling (CAD – CAM)
- Maximum strength and great looks.
- Long lasting, strong, beautiful teeth
- Which can usually be done in one appointment.
- Protects and preserves your own tooth’s structural integrity
- Ceramics are bio-compatible
- No impressions, no temporaries- no need for a second injection
- Strength of gold , looks of natural teeth
- Long lasting and durable
- Ceramic onlays preserving tooth structure and avoiding the need for crowns
- Unquestionably the most cost effective, durable and aesthetic restoration we have available today
CEREC Reconstruction Step by Step
The defective filling and decay is removed. A reflective powder layer prepares the tooth for imaging
An optical 3D image is acquired with a small camera directly in your mouth
The restoration is created on the computer screen using the image data
CEREC computer, 3D camera and milling unit CEREC 3D gives a 3D impression of the preparation and shows the Porcelain restoration in 3D.
Diamond coated instruments mill the ceramic block to reproduce the design.
After polishing the new restoration fits precisely
A light curing system hardens the bonding material uniting porcelain and tooth
Polishing or glazing ensures a pleasantly smooth and natural feel
- The colour and appearance make the ceramic material blend with your tooth